From the Physician’s Desk … Weekly Blog!
Don’t forget to visit … www.LegacyEducators.org and click on “Cancer Information”
Thanksgiving is here…yeah! For some its about the food, for others its about family and for some its about the shopping afterwards or football game. The tradition of asking everyone to name 2-3 things they are thankful for at the dinner table, seem to have fallen by the way side. Worse yet, when asked what they are grateful for, many seem to stumble about what to say. The horror!
Learning to be grateful, can start by looking at your life, where you are now, where you have been, the things you overcame this year, the things you were allowed to do this year, etc., See video below for motivation. A varied sample of what I am GRATEFUL for include:
- Waking up this morning – I recently heard of someone in my age group, who came home tired from work. Went upstairs to take a nap before dinner and just never woke up…dying in her sleep.
- (What I think are…) My ugly toes – I recently did a presentation on healthcare cultural competence in taking care of disabled veterans. There are many wounded warriors who are able to function with the assistance of prosthesis…what do I have to complain about?
- My truck – I grew up in the islands and walking over a mile to catch the bus to school was the norm. A sturdy vehicle that can handle well in the rain and snow, is indeed a blessing!
- Relationship with my Mom and Dad – a miracle, but I think they have finally come around to realize I am an adult (smile). Our relationship and understanding have grown in leaps and bounds over the past decade.
- Ability to give – though it is often said it is better to give than to receive, many have the desire to give, but is not able to do so. I thoroughly enjoy being a blessing to others.
- Travel opportunity – visiting 6 international countries this year, mostly for work, but able to take a few vacation days to enjoy the area too. WOW, absolutely awesome!
What are you grateful for? Still not sure? See the video below.
Ipsa Scientia Potestas est ——— Knowledge itself is power!
Don’t forget to visit my website … www.LegacyEducators.org
Your Family Friendly Doc … Dr McGann!
See you next week…